Sunday, March 26, 2006

Any given Sunday

Today is a lonely sunday. A year ago today my Grandmother on my mother's side passed away. I believe that each person that loves you loves you in a very unique way, and it makes me sad to think that I don't have my Grandma's kind of love anymore. She was a strong and proud woman, she had to be since my grandfather passed away. She was always funny, the kind of person who is the life of the party in a very serene way. She had a way of holding my hand, when I was a child, that she ran her nail tickling through my palm and it made a big click just at the middle. I liked rubbing her feet when we sat to watch TV. I remember the last time I saw her at the hospital, I went to the hospital's cefeteria to get something to eat, and on the way up I stopped at the gift shop and bought her a small white stuffed lamb. You should have seen her face when I gave it to her, her face lighted up in a big smile, just like if you have given it to a 10 year old. That was the last time I saw her. She passed away about 3 weeks later from cancer in a Hospital in Texas.

There's a graduation speech form MIT, the title is " Wear sunscreen", sowhere in the speech it say that the things that ought to worry us are things that blind side you in an idle tuesday.

Hope your loved ones are ok.

No comments: